.My God. My friends. My family. My Life. My Happiness!

My God. My family. My friends. My Life. My Happiness!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Apples, Apples, Apples!

Sunday was a fun day; I had an apple canning party.  Most of you have seen my Facebook Posts so you know we made 2 kinds of apple sauce, apple butter, and apple pie filling and pie crust for the freezer.  All from the apples we gleaned from an orchard in Greenbluff.

The best part of the day was building friendships. Catching up with each others lives. Working together and teaching each other a lot of things.  Kris shared how she bought a gallon of milk, chocolate milk, 6 deodorant sticks for Mike, 3 boxes of cheerios and a lot of other stuff at Rite Aid for 98 cents!!!What an awesome wife and mother she is. Denise gives us info on places to shop, ideas for crafts. She is a beautiful woman with a tender heart for teen moms.  Sarah shows off her apple peeling skills, her gracious spirit and the heart of a praying mother for her sick daughter.

These are reminders of what life should be about.  Caring, loving, sharing and praying with and for each other. Woman working with each other and learning from one another.

Life is short and generations of wisdom are dying. It is up to my generation to pass on what we have learned from our parents and grandparents. Activities like whittling, canning,  gardening, woodworking, board games,  skip rope and hopscotch. It won't be long before baking and cooking from scratch will be a thing of the past.  Fast food and frozen dinners may become the way of future generations.


"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles at it." Thomas Fuller

2 comments:

  1. ahh...mary that was so much fun, thank you for sharing your knowledge & wisdom with us. i loved spending every moment with each & everyone that was there that day. i could only pray my legacy would look just a bit like yours someday. i loved how we just decided not to talk about our problems that day...but to give thanks & to pray about everything. i love you~denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I totally agree with passing down and sharing our skills with others. I wish I lived closer to you to enjoy all this fun you are having with canning, gardening, playing board games and other stuff. I sure miss you and miss this kind of connection. You are SO special!!! I would be so lucky to share such experiences with you. But know that I am thinking and praying for you and Bob. You hold a special place in my heart. I love you very much!!!!

    Sherri

    PS - You know you are ALWAYS welcome here in Alaska. I would love to have you any time!!!

    ReplyDelete