.My God. My friends. My family. My Life. My Happiness!

My God. My family. My friends. My Life. My Happiness!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The calendar is turned to a new month.  This is the time of year for settling in and enjoying family and soup and friends, a warm fire, blankets and good books. I enjoy company and board games, cards and good conversation.  Kris and I will be having an Applesauce Canning Party and some dinner parties with friends.

Talk has already started about going shopping on Black Friday and the Grand children are hinting as to what they want "Santa" to bring them.  

However, before thoughts turn to Christmas we have another holiday to celebrate ~Thanksgiving~  next to Easter this is my favorite holiday. Being thankful and serving others is very important to me. 

Don't misunderstand, I really love the food that we feast on, and I am a bit of a traditionalist. I like to fix my turkey like my mother did.  My stuffing is the basic kind.  Nothing gourmet, nothing fancy, just good food like I ate when I was a little girl.

This year we will be celebrating Thanksgiving twice.  Since there is so much extended family, it makes it difficult for the kids to be everywhere, get naps in, and eat and eat and eat. Therefore Thursday, the 25th, my sister and her family will be here.  Hopefully, Elsie, an elderly friend that I take care of (She is like a mother to me) will be up to joining us.  We have friends who will be here from out of town who may join us also. 

Friday, we will give thanks with the boys and their families.  We usually watch the grand children so the parents can go shopping.  Then, hopefully, everyone will take a nap, (after getting up before the sun rises to go shopping).  That evening we will feast and maybe play the Wii so we can get some exercise.  Being together is is all that really matters to me.

4 comments:

  1. I hope to make it to the appelsauce canning party. Thanks for the invite!

    Re: "Being together is all that really matters"...Amen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you can come. It would be good to see you AND you would have a couple of jars of applesauce,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted pictures with this entry! I had assumed (from your FB post) that you had used a pasta maker. I dream of owning one someday. But no, you did it by hand! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep Jessica I did do it by hand. I too will some day have a pasta maker. My mom had one but my sister in law ended up with it.

    ReplyDelete