.My God. My friends. My family. My Life. My Happiness!

My God. My family. My friends. My Life. My Happiness!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

4 months

What a busy few months!   Thanksgiving was quiet, we had 2 exchange students and two friends for dinner.  Then came time to decorate for Christmas.  This year we shared Christmas with my niece Emily and her husband, Chris.  With them came Chris' mom and dad, Pat and Bert, his brother Nicholas and his girl friend Renae. Then my brother Pat and his wife Priscilla arrived.  THEN another niece, Bevin-Anne and her family arrived. Soon Mike and his family arrived.... 

We were introduced to Chris' family traditions.  We learned about the Holy Supper traditions and foods with Slavic flavor.  I don't know what some of the dishes were, but yummy yummy yummy.  Haddock, Perogies (my favorite), Sauerkraut,  Figgy Pudding (well maybe this was my favorite) Mashed potatoes (oh yes my favorite).  Well you get my point.  Good food, good company, good memories. 

Once the company left and the New Year arrived, the usual let down of the holidays began... I chose to do something different this year.  I wasn't taking my tree down.  My Christmas tree became my Valentine Day tree.  Then it turned into my St Patrick Day tree.  I am all ready for changing it to my Easter tree.  I plant to change it to Mother's Day tree then Fathers Day, Independence Day.  August has me perplexed, September will be back to school, October is Columbus day... lots of ships on that one.  November, of coarse, will be Thanksgiving. We now arrive back to Christmas.

Another eventful thing was we gave our Alaskan Malamute, Koda, to our friends that came over for Thanksgiving dinner.... That left our little Dash lonely... so of coarse, we found another dog.  We ended up getting a  Maltese and Shiatsu mix  from a disgusting Puppy Mill.  She was 1 year and 3 months old and had already had a litter.  She is a sweet heart.  Very timid and frightened, but has now settled into her new home.  We named her Millie (because she came from a puppy MILL)

The most exciting up coming event is that we will be talking to a Neurosurgeon on March 15th.  Bob will be having the Deep Brain Stimulator  (DBS) put in his brain to eliminate the effects of Parkinson's and hopefully, reduce the amount of medication he takes.  This is a very successful procedure.  I will keep you posted on the events as the happen.  Mean while check out this video of the Doctor who will be doing the surgery. He explains it and you will see some Spokane residence that have had this done.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FieqlCgM-Jc&feature=g-hist&context=G2003af3AHTzyt_QAAAA

I guess that brings you up to date on the events in the Phillips house.  Now it is time to focus again on planting the garden.  I am ready for spring... it has been a boring winter.

2 comments: