.My God. My friends. My family. My Life. My Happiness!

My God. My family. My friends. My Life. My Happiness!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Request for Navy Bean Soup

2 cups navy beans, 
4 cups water
Bring to boil, turn off and let sit for 3 hours. DO NOT DRAIN  add about
2 cups of chicken broth
add some grated or sliced carrots
add chopped onions
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
 Salt and pepper to taste
Bring to boil then let simmer till everything is tender.  
Mash the beans some 
Bob likes a splash of vinegar in his bean soup. 
Enjoy with a slice of home made bread and butter. (I make my own butter from time to time)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! This sounds delicious!!! I LOVE SOUP especially at this time of year. So cozy. Thanks for sharing, Mary, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete