.My God. My friends. My family. My Life. My Happiness!

My God. My family. My friends. My Life. My Happiness!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunny Monday

I awoke to a beautiful sunny, crisp, cool day.  Just right for snuggling for a little while and playing with the puppies.  Made me think of all those funny expressions I grew up with.  You know, the "Rise and Shine" type expressions.  So I got to thinking what does that really mean?  For those inquiring minds here is the answer: Get out of bed and prepare for work.

That made sense to me,  but then there was the "origin"  of the expression.  Believe it or not it came from the bible. Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for the light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. That is the King James version... Ok  Time to get some things done around the house...



3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to do the "shine" part...but I guess it's something we get to practice every single day, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Teresa we just try and try every day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, this morning the sun was sparkling on the lake outside my window and a family of busy little birds was chirping in the trees. Today, I sat back with my coffee and just enjoyed it for a bit before digging into the day's work and it made me think of you, Mary. Fall is by far my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete